MEETINGMAX PLANNING, INC.
Last Modified: December 2, 2015
This User Agreement governs each website, mobile site, software platform, application, electronic publication and/or other service, regardless of how distributed, transmitted, published, or broadcast (each, a “Service”) provided by Meetingmax Planning Inc., its parent, subsidiaries and/or affiliates (“we,” “us,” or “our”) that links to this User Agreement, which is binding on all those who access, visit and/or use the Service, whether acting as an individual or on behalf of an entity (collectively, “you” or “your”).
Among other things, the Agreement governs all text, articles, photographs, images, graphics, illustrations, creative, copy, artwork, video, audio, music, podcasts, ringtones, games, trademarks, trade names, service marks, and other brand identifiers, designs, plans, software, source and object code, algorithms, data, statistics, analysis, formulas, indexes, registries, repositories and all other content, information, and materials (collectively, “Content”) available on or through the Service, whether posted, uploaded, transmitted, sent or otherwise made available by us, our licensors, vendors, and/or service providers, or by you, and/or other users or third parties, including any such Content uploaded manually or bookmarked by you and/or other users.
We strive to provide an enjoyable online experience for our users, so we may monitor activity on the Service, including in the social, community, and public discussion areas (if any), photo and video galleries, bulletin boards, forums, chats, blogs, and other classified ads, and elsewhere, to foster compliance with the Agreement. You hereby specifically agree to such monitoring. Nevertheless, we do not make any representations, warranties or guarantees that: the Service, or any portion thereof, will be monitored for accuracy or unacceptable use, or that any apparent statements of fact will be authenticated. We also do not make any representations, warranties or guarantees that we will take any specific action (or any action at all) in the event of a challenge or dispute regarding compliance or non-compliance with the Agreement. We generally do not pre-screen Content before it is posted, uploaded, transmitted, sent or otherwise made available on or through the Service by users, so you may be exposed to Content that is opinionated, offensive, and/or inappropriate, including Content that violates the Agreement.
A. Remember that by using the publicly accessible portions of our Service you may be exposed to Content that is opinionated, offensive, and/or inappropriate, including Content that violates the Agreement, but not all of such Content is actionable. We ask that you not use the Service, or lodge complaints against other users, to facilitate a personal dispute. If you have a legitimate complaint about another user, please do the following:
• Harassment: If you have reason to believe that another person is using the Service in a way that is harmful to you (e.g., to impersonate or imitate you, or to stalk, bully, threaten, intimidate or otherwise harass you), we urge you to contact your local authorities, or appropriate state or federal agencies.
• Copyright Complaints: If you have reason to believe that your Content has been copied and/or is accessible on the Service in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that the Service contains links or other references to another site, application, destination or Service that contains Content or activity that infringes your copyright rights, you may notify us as described below in the section entitled Copyright Complaints.
B. IMPORTANT: FALSE OR INACCURATE ACCUSATIONS THAT OTHERS HAVE COMMITTED A CRIME, INAPPROPRIATE ACT, OR VIOLATION OF THIS AGREEMENT, COULD BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAW, OR OTHERWISE EXPOSE YOU TO LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES (INCLUDING COSTS AND ATTORNEYS’ FEES).
1. While you may freely discuss topics of interest to you, and the Service may include general Content relating to a range of topics, you should not rely on the Service for individual advice on such issues. You alone will bear the sole responsibility for evaluating the merits and/or risks associated with use of Content obtained on or through this Service before making any decisions based on such Content.
2. IN ADDITION TO ALL OTHER LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMERS IN THE AGREEMENT, WE AND OUR LICENSORS, VENDORS, AND/OR SERVICE PROVIDERS DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY OR LOSS IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTENT OBTAINED ON OR THROUGH THIS SERVICE.
C. You are solely responsible for all access or visitation to, usage of, or activity on, your account/profile including, but not limited to, use of the account/profile by any person who uses your Registration Information, with or without authorization, or who has access to any computer, mobile or other device on which your account/profile resides or is accessible. You acknowledge and agree that we may, and you specifically authorize us to, process all transactions that are initiated by use of your Registration Information.
E. You will be solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Registration Information. You may not authorize or permit anyone else to access and/or use your Registration Information, or access, visit and/or use the Service by use of your account/profile and/or Registration Information. You are responsible for all activities under your account, including all legal liability incurred from the use of your account by you or others. You may not give access to your account, or disclose your password to others. You are responsible for keeping your account information, including all passwords, confidential. You may not access and/or use anyone else’s Registration Information, or access, visit and/or use the Service by use of anyone else’s account/profile and/or Registration Information. You may not sub-license, transfer, sell, rent or assign your Registration Information to any third party without our written approval. Any attempt to do so will be null and void and shall be considered a material breach of the Agreement.
A. We and our licensors, vendors, and/or Service providers may charge you fees for reservations, products and/or services, offered for booking, sale or rental on or through the Service, and/or for access to portions of the Service or the Service as a whole. You agree to pay all fees and charges, including applicable taxes and surcharges, incurred through your activity on or through the Service and/or through your account/profile at the rates in effect for the billing period in which such fees and charges are incurred (such fees, charges, taxes, and surcharges shall collectively be referred to as “Fees”). Unless otherwise specified on the Service, all Fees will be quoted and charged in U.S. dollars. We and our licensors, vendors, and/or Service providers reserve the right to change the amount of, or basis for determining, any Fees, and to institute new Fees, effective upon publication of such revised pricing on the Service.
B. We may charge Fees in advance and on a daily, monthly, yearly, lump sum, or other basis. If you submit a credit, debit, or charge card number, or other payment information to us upon registration, at the time of purchase, or otherwise, you authorize, give us permission, and direct us to retain such information and to charge all Fees to such payment method. All Fees are due promptly and are non-refundable. You must notify us about any billing problems or discrepancy within thirty (30) days after they first appear on your statement; otherwise, you waive any right to challenge or dispute such problem or discrepancy.
C. If Fees cannot be charged to the payment method you designate, or payment is returned to us for any reason, including charge back, we reserve the right, in addition to our other remedies, to: (i) demand immediate payment of all outstanding Fees due to us from you; (ii) assess an additional 1.0 percent per month late charge, or the highest amount allowed by law, whichever is lower; (iii) take any and all lawful steps necessary to collect Fees owed to us, and you will be responsible for all costs and expenses incurred in connection with such collection activity, including collection fees, court costs, and attorneys’ fees; (iv) charge such Fees to any other payment method you have on file with us; and (v) terminate, discontinue, suspend, and/or restrict your account/profile, your ability to access, visit and/or use the Service or any portion thereof, and/or the Agreement, including without limitation any of our purported obligations hereunder.
D. In addition, you are responsible for obtaining and maintaining at your own expense all equipment, hardware, software, and telephone, mobile, wireless, Internet and other Services necessary to access, visit and/or use the Service. If you are accessing the Service via a mobile device, your mobile carrier may charge you fees for data, text messaging, and other mobile access or communications Services.
E. Please also refer to Our Policy for Accepting and Handling Credit Card Payments described below. Certain users of our Service must agree to be bound by such policy.
A. You shall ensure that all equipment, hardware, software, products and/or Services you use to access, visit, or use the Service does not disturb or interfere with our operation of the Service, or impede or interfere with others’ access, visitation and/or use of the Service. We reserve the right, in addition to our other remedies, with or without notice, to immediately disconnect from the Service any equipment, hardware, software, product and/or Services causing interference with us, our licensors, vendors, Service providers, the Service or any Content.
B. You are solely responsible for all usage of, or activities on, the Service by you and by those you authorize or allow to use, or provide access to, the Service, for example, by authorizing or allowing access to your account/profile or any computer, mobile or other device on which the Service resides or is accessible.
C. You acknowledge that we have not reviewed and do not necessarily endorse the Content of sites, applications, destinations or Services linked to or accessible from this Service and are not responsible for the Content or actions of any other sites, applications, destinations or Services. Your linking to or accessing any other site, application, destination or Service is at your sole risk.
D. The Service is not intended for users under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from users under the age of 18. Such users are expressly prohibited from registering for the Service or submitting their personally identifiable information to us, and from using portions of the Service for which registration is required.
E. You must comply with all local, state, federal, provincial, national, international, and foreign laws, rules, and regulations (including applicable import and export control laws, rules, and regulations of the United States and other countries) in accessing and using the Service, and will immediately notify us if you learn of or suspect a security breach or any illegal activity in connection with the Service. You represent and warrant that (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
F. Content that is provided by us, our licensors, vendors and/or Service providers, including without limitation photos, images, text, music, audio, videos, podcasts, trademarks, trade names, Service marks and other brand identifiers, the organization, design, compilation, and “look and feel” of the Service, and all advertising thereon, is protected by local, state, federal, provincial, national, international, and foreign copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws, rules, and regulations, and is the property of us or our licensors, vendors and/or Service providers.
G. Certain Content may be made available to you on or through the Service for download, installation, and/or streaming. Such Content is subject to the same terms, conditions, limitations and restrictions applicable to all Content provided by us, our licensors, vendors and/or Service providers. You must, in addition to all of your other obligations, use such Content only to the extent expressly authorized for the particular Content, and you may not use such Content in a manner that exceeds such authorization.
A. You may not, nor may you allow others, to directly or indirectly, do any of the following for any reason:
• access and/or use anyone else’s Registration Information, or access, visit and/or use the Service by use of anyone else’s account/profile and/or Registration Information;
• authorize or permit anyone else to access and/or use your Registration Information, or access, visit and/or use the Service by use of your account/profile and/or Registration Information or impersonate, imitate or pretend to be somebody else;
• except as permitted by us, make any commercial, advertising, promotional, or marketing use of the Service and/or Content, including without limitation the photos, images, text, music, audio, videos, podcasts, trademarks, trade names, Service marks and other brand identifiers of us, our licensors, vendors, and/or Service providers obtained on or through the Service, except as permitted by the Copyright Act or other law or as expressly permitted in writing by the Agreement, us or the Service;
• post, upload, transmit, send or otherwise make available on or through the Service any Content that constitutes junk mail, spam, pyramid schemes, chain letters, phishing, advertising, and/or commercial offers,;
• forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content you may post, upload, transmit, send, or otherwise make available on or through the Service;
• use any bots, cheats, macros, scripts, or any form of auto-responder, or use any other automated process,;
• copy, harvest, crawl, index, scrape, spider, mine, gather, extract, compile, obtain, aggregate, capture, or store any Content;
• engage in personal attacks, use any language that is, or post, upload, transmit, send or otherwise make available on or through the Service any Content about an individual that is, abusive, intimidating, bullying, harassing, hateful, violent, or that victimizes, degrades, defiles or disparages an individual, on or through the Service;
• use any language that is, or post, upload, transmit, send or otherwise make available on or through the Service any Content about a group that is, hateful, violent, or that victimizes, degrades, defiles or disparages any group based on race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or age, or otherwise engage in what we deem to be racism, sexism, ageism, religious intolerance, bigotry, ethnic slurs, or homophobia;
• use any language, or post, upload, transmit, send or otherwise make available on or through the Service any Content that may or is intended to enable, authorize, instruct, encourage, assist, suggest, or promote activities that incite violence, constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, state, federal, provincial, national, international, or foreign law, rule or regulation, including without limitation defamation, child pornography, fraud, or invasion of privacy;
• use any language that is, or post, upload, transmit, send or otherwise make available on or through the Service any Content that is pornographic, obscene, sexually explicit, perverse, illicit, indecent, lewd, or lascivious;
• use any language, or post, upload, transmit, send or otherwise make available on or through the Service any Content that we deem to be offensive, immoral, vulgar, crude, harmful, violent, deceptive, or otherwise inappropriate;
• post, upload, transmit, send or otherwise make available on or through the Service any Content that you are bound to not disclose, by agreement, contract, fiduciary duty, employment relationship, or otherwise, such as insider information, proprietary and/or confidential information, or trade secrets;
• provide professional advice or post, upload, transmit, send or otherwise make available on or through the Service any Content intended to provide professional advice about medical, health, legal, tax, financial, or investment issues, or to solicit, recommend, or endorse any securities or financial instruments, or suggest that a particular transaction or investment strategy is suitable for you or any specific person;
• post, upload, transmit, send or otherwise make available on or through the Service any Content that infringes, violates, or breaches the copyright, trademark, trade secret or any other personal or proprietary right of us, our licensors, vendors, Service providers, other users, and/or any third party;
• copy, reproduce, modify, change, edit, crop, alter, revise, adapt, translate, enhance, reformat, remix, rearrange, resize, create derivative works of, move, remove, delete, or erase any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary legends, symbols, marks, or notices on the Service, or attempt to circumvent any mechanisms for preventing the unauthorized reproduction or distribution of Content;
• copy, reproduce, modify, change, edit, crop, alter, revise, adapt, translate, enhance, reformat, remix, rearrange, resize, create derivative works of, move, remove, delete, erase, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile, disassemble, store, cache, aggregate, publish, post, display, distribute, broadcast, perform, transmit, rent, sell, share, sublicense, syndicate, or otherwise provide to others, or use any Content obtained on or through the Service, in whole or in part, except as permitted by the Copyright Act;
• reverse engineer, decipher, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of the Service, in whole or in part; or
• post, upload, transmit, send or otherwise make available on or through the Service any software disabling devices, time bombs, Trojan horses, cancelbots, viruses, worms, bugs, corrupted files, spyware, adware, malware, malicious programs or code, or devices or defects of similar nature.
We do not necessarily endorse, support, sanction, encourage, verify, or agree with the comments, opinions, or statements posted, uploaded, transmitted, sent or otherwise made available on or through the Service, including without limitation in our social, community, and public discussion areas, photo and video galleries, bulletin boards, forums, chats, blogs, columns, articles, personal/job search and other classified ads, contests/sweepstakes, or elsewhere. Any Content posted, uploaded, transmitted, sent or otherwise made available on or through the Service, including advice and opinions, are the views and responsibility of those who post the Content and do not necessarily represent our views or the views of our licensors, vendors, and/or Service providers. You agree that we and our licensors, vendors, and/or Service providers are not responsible, and shall have no liability to you, with respect to any Content posted, uploaded, transmitted, sent or otherwise made available on the Service, including Content that violates the Agreement.
Except as expressly provided otherwise in the Agreement, you or the owner of any Content you post, upload, transmit, send or otherwise make available on or through the Service retains ownership of all rights, title, and interests in such Content. However, by posting, uploading, transmitting, sending or otherwise making available Content, registering for the Service, or engaging in any other form of communication with us (on or through the Service or otherwise) you irrevocably grant us a royalty-free, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide, perpetual, right and license to copy, reproduce, modify, edit, crop, alter, revise, adapt, translate, enhance, reformat, remix, rearrange, resize, create derivative works of, move, remove, delete, erase, reverse-engineer, store, cache, aggregate, publish, post, display, distribute, broadcast, perform, transmit, rent, sell, share, sublicense, syndicate, or otherwise provide to others, use, or change all such Content and communications in any medium (now in existence or hereinafter developed) and for any purpose, including commercial purposes, and to authorize others to do so. Among other things, this means that we may use any ideas, suggestions, developments, and/or inventions that you post, upload, transmit, send or otherwise make available in any manner as we see fit without any compensation or attribution to you. In any event, you should make copies of or otherwise back-up any and all Content, personal data or communications you post, upload, transmit, send or otherwise make available on or through the Service that you may wish to retain. Please be aware that Content you disclose in publicly accessible portions of the Service may be available to other users, so you should be mindful of personally identifiable information and sensitive Content you may wish to post. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF CONTENT OR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION YOU POST, UPLOAD, TRANSMIT, SEND OR OTHERWISE MAKE AVAILABLE ON THE SERVICE.
We reserve the right, but undertake no duty, in our sole discretion, with or without notice, to review, edit, move, add, delete, or otherwise change any features, functionality, and/or Content available on or through, or downloadable from, the Service, including without limitation any Content in your account/profile, or any of your messages, posts, or threads. This includes updates or upgrades to the Service, automatic or otherwise. You agree to accept, and to take no action to interfere with, automatic upgrades or updates. Any changes to the Service may not be consistent across all platforms, computers, or devices. If you do not refresh the Service after each such change, or download the update(s) or upgrade(s), your experience may not reflect the most recent features, functionality, and/or Content, for which we disclaim any and all responsibility and liability. If any changes require you to obtain new, additional, or different equipment, hardware, software, and/or telephone, mobile, wireless, Internet and/or other Services, you are solely responsible for any additional expense. Even after Content is removed from your account/profile, your messages, post(s), and/or threads, regardless of whether such removal or deletion is by you or by us, copies of that Content may be retained and/or remain viewable by us, our licensors, vendors, Service providers and/or other third parties, including other users.
A. If you have reason to believe that your Content has been copied and/or is accessible on the Service in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that the Service contains links or other references to another site, application, destination or Service that contains Content or activity that infringes your copyright rights, you may notify us by providing a document via fax, first class U.S. mail, or e-mail that includes the following information (as required by the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. sec. 512) to our copyright agent set forth below:
(i) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
(ii) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at the Service are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at the Service;
(iii) Identification of the copyrighted work that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate such copyrighted work;
(iv) Information reasonably sufficient to enable us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
(v) A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted work in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
(vi) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
B. Copyright Agent: Meetingmax Planning Inc., #101-1290 Homer St. Vancouver, BC V6B 2Y5, Email: email@example.com Fax: 1-866-824-8462
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless us, our licensors, vendors, Service providers, and each of our and their respective officers, directors, members, employees, independent and sub-contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, “Indemnitees”) from and against any and all claims, disputes, demands, proceedings, cause of action, judgments, damages, liabilities, losses, costs or expense (including, but not limited to reasonable attorneys’ fees) of any kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed (collectively, “Claims”) which may arise out of or are in any way connected with your access, visitation and/or use of the Service, your Content, unauthorized use of Content obtained on or through the Service, breach or alleged breach of the Agreement, or from any of your acts or omissions in connection with the Service.
A. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE USING THE SERVICE AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, “WITH ALL FAULTS” AND ON AN “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, AND WE AND OUR INDEMNITEES HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, AND GUARANTEES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR ANY OTHER WARRANTY, CONDITION, GUARANTEE OR REPRESENTATION, WHETHER ORAL, IN WRITING OR IN ELECTRONIC FORM, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN OR PROVIDED BY US OR THE SERVICE. WE AND OUR INDEMNITEES DO NOT REPRESENT, WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THAT ACCESS TO THE SERVICE AND/OR COMMUNICATIONS OR MESSAGING FROM OR TO US OR YOU WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, OR ERROR FREE, OR THAT THERE WILL BE NO FAILURES, DELAYS, INACCURACIES, ERRORS OR OMISSIONS OR LOSS OF TRANSMITTED CONTENT, OR THAT NO SOFTWARE DISABLING DEVICES, TIME BOMBS, VIRUSES, WORMS, BUGS, OR DEVICES OR DEFECTS OF SIMILAR NATURE WILL BE TRANSMITTED ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE, AND WE AND OUR INDEMNITEES WILL NOT BE LIABLE IN THE EVENT OF ANY SUCH OCCURRENCE.
B. WE AND OUR INDEMNITEES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ALLEGEDLY SUSTAINED ARISING OUT OF THE AGREEMENT, THE SERVICE, THE SALE, PURCHASE, RECEIPT, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY MERCHANDISE, PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION CONTENT, YOUR ABILITY OR INABILITY TO ACCESS, VISIT AND/OR USE THE SERVICE, INCLUDING DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER, MOBILE OR OTHER DEVICE, OR FOR SOFTWARE DISABLING DEVICES, TIME BOMBS, VIRUSES, WORMS, BUGS, OR DEVICES OR DEFECTS OF SIMILAR NATURE ALLEGED TO HAVE BEEN OBTAINED FROM THE SERVICE, YOUR ACCESS, VISITATION, AND/OR USE OF, OR RELIANCE ON, THE SERVICE OR ANY OF THE MERCHANDISE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND/OR CONTENT AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE, REGARDLESS OF THE TYPE OF CLAIM OR THE NATURE OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR LIABILITY TO YOU EXCEED $100.00. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. THE AGREEMENT IS NOT SUBJECT TO THE LAWS OF SUCH STATES, BUT TO THE EXTENT A CLAIM IS BROUGHT THEREIN, OUR LIABILITY AND WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542, WHICH STATES, IN PART: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR”.
A. We reserve the right, in addition to our other remedies, to terminate, discontinue, suspend and/or restrict the Service, your account/profile, your ability to access, visit and/or use the Service or any portion thereof, and/or the Agreement, including without limitation any of our purported obligations hereunder, for any or no reason, with or without notice.
B. Even if the Service, your ability to access, visit and/or use the Service or any portion thereof, and/or the Agreement is terminated, discontinued, suspended or restricted, by you or by us, we have no obligation to (but we may in our discretion) remove any Content, and therefore copies of all information with regard to your account/profile and/or Content you may have posted, uploaded, transmitted, sent or otherwise made available on or through the Service, may be retained and/or remain viewable by us, our licensors, vendors, Service providers and/or other third parties, including other users. Nevertheless, we have no obligation to retain, store, or provide you with any information with regard to your account/profile and/or Content you may have posted, uploaded, transmitted, sent or otherwise made available on or through the Service. All provisions of the Agreement shall survive the termination or expiration of the Agreement and/or your account/profile.
A. The communications between you and us usually use electronic means, whether you access, visit or use the Service, send us messages, or whether we post notices on the Service or communicate with you via messaging. For contractual purposes, you (a) consent to receive communications from us in electronic form; and (b) agree that all notices, documents, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy if they were in writing. Your consent to receive communications and do business electronically, and your agreement to do so applies to all of your interactions and transactions with us.
B. You understand and agree that joining the Service may include receiving certain communications from us, such as transactional or relationship messages, and/or messages about your account/profile, and that these communications are considered part of your account/profile and you may not be able to opt out of receiving them without ceasing to be a registered user of the Service.
A. The Service is based in the United States and Canada. It is not designed, customized or intended for, or directed to, any other country. Those who choose to access, visit and/or use the Service do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. We make no representation, warranty or guarantee that the Service, or any merchandise, products, Services, and/or Content available on or through the Service are appropriate, available, or legal in any particular geographic location.
C. You agree that in the event of any dispute between us, you will first contact us and make a good faith sustained effort to resolve the dispute before resorting to more formal means of resolution, including without limitation any court action. In the event of any court action, all disputes will be resolved individually, without resort to any class action, and you specifically waive your right to a trial by jury. Furthermore, you agree that any cause of action against us must commence within one (1) year after the underlying issue first arose; otherwise, you waive any right to bring such cause of action and such cause of action is permanently barred.
D. You agree that, regardless of where you access, visit and/or use the Service, all issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Washington, USA, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. Any disputes that result in court action will be resolved exclusively by a state or federal court located in the State of Washington, USA.
E. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of the Agreement, or portion thereof, to be invalid or unenforceable, that provision or portion will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to effect the intent of the parties, and the remainder of the Agreement will continue to be valid and enforceable in full force and effect.
A. We reserve the right to post, from time to time, additional rules that apply to certain portions of the Service, or the Service as a whole. Such additional rules will be posted in the relevant portions of the Service, and are hereby incorporated into the Agreement by this reference. Your continued access, visitation and/or use of the Service constitutes your agreement to comply with these additional rules.
C. Any delay or failure by us to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Agreement will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. No waiver by us shall have effect unless such waiver is set forth in writing, signed by us; nor shall any such waiver of any breach or default constitute a waiver of any subsequent breach or default.
D. If we have provided you with a translation of the English language version of this Agreement, then you agree that the translation is provided for your convenience only and that the English language versions of the Agreement will govern your relationship with us. If there is any contradiction between what the English language version of the Agreement says and what a translation says, then the English language version shall take precedence.
E. We may sub-license, transfer, sell or assign the Agreement, and/or any of our purported obligations hereunder, at any time to any person or entity, with or without notice. You may not sub-license, transfer, sell, or assign the Agreement at any time to any person or entity, and any attempt to do so will be null and void.
In addition to all of the other terms and conditions set forth above in this Agreement, if you participate in any hotel reservation through the Service as a Buyer or Seller you agree to the following additional terms:
1. Our Service is available for use only by individuals able to form legally binding contracts under applicable law. Without limiting the foregoing, minors are not eligible to register for use of our Service or participate in any online reservation.
2. We are only a service and do not participate in resulting transactions between Buyers and Sellers. We are not responsible for any transaction between a Buyer and/or Seller. Accordingly, in the event of any dispute with one or more users (i.e. Buyers and Sellers, etc.), you release us, our agents and employees from all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every form and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising from or in any way connected with such disputes and/or any transaction between users.
3. You are responsible for paying all applicable taxes and costs for your equipment, hardware, software, service or any other expense incurred in order to initiate and maintain your use of our Service.
4. We will not be responsible for, and have no control over the availability, quality, safety or legality of the hotel rooms or other properties listed or advertised in connection with our Service. We cannot warrant the truth or accuracy of listings, images, the ability of users to complete any transactions initiated by using our Service. You are strongly cautioned of the potential risks in dealing with underage persons, foreign nationals, or those with fraudulent intentions.
5. Buyers agree to use the Service only to make legitimate reservations for you or for another person for whom you are legally authorized to act and all information supplied by you via the Service is true, accurate, current and complete.
6. Separate terms and conditions will apply to reservations between a Buyer and Seller. All Buyers must review and agree to the Seller’s terms and conditions. Please read those terms and conditions carefully. Buyers agree to abide by the terms or conditions of purchase imposed by any Seller with whom you elect to deal, including, but not limited to, payment of all amounts when due and compliance with the Seller's rules and restrictions regarding availability and use of services. We reserve the right to cancel your booking if full payment is not received in a timely fashion. You acknowledge that any violation of any such Seller's conditions of purchase may result in cancellation of your reservation(s) or purchase, in your being denied access to any hotels, etc., and in your forfeiting any monies paid for such reservation(s) or purchase.
7. The content and information on the Service (including, but not limited to, price and availability of hotel rooms), as well as the infrastructure used to provide such content and information, is proprietary to us or our suppliers and providers. While you may make limited copies of your travel itinerary (and related documents) for travel or service reservations booked through the Service, you agree not to otherwise modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell or re-sell any information, software, products or services obtained from or through the Service. Additionally, you agree not to make any speculative, false, or fraudulent reservation or any reservation in anticipation of demand
8. All Seller’s agree to use any information collected via the Service from or on behalf of a Buyer solely as necessary to complete and perform any reservation transaction between Buyer and Seller.
9. All Sellers shall comply with all applicable laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations regarding the listing of any reservations and any performance related thereto.
10. All Sellers represent and warrant that, to the best of its knowledge and belief, it is compliant with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) and any other federal, state and local laws, rules, regulations and ordinances that apply to the protection of credit card information. Seller agrees to protect and secure individual reservation holders' data, including sensitive credit cardholder information, from unintentional or intentional disclosure. Credit cardholder information is defined as credit card account numbers, CVV numbers, expiration dates and magnetic strip information. This protection includes, but is not limited to, the following:
a) Never storing nor transmitting cardholder information via unencrypted means such as unencrypted Emails, files, word processor documents, databases, World Wide Web documents, text files, spreadsheet files and any other unencrypted means.
b) Destroying sensitive cardholder information immediately following its necessary use in a PCI DSS compliant manner.
c) Never using sensitive cardholder information for any purpose other than the original intended transaction.
d) Never accessing sensitive cardholder information other than for the purpose of fulfilling the original intended transaction and only accessing sensitive cardholder information when it is necessary to fulfill the transaction.
e) Never entering sensitive cardholder information in any fields in the Service other than those specifically intended for the information.
f) Securing any printed reports containing sensitive cardholder information in a suitable vault or safe.
g) Destroying any printed reports containing sensitive cardholder information immediately following its necessary use.
In addition to the obligations set forth above, if applicable you shall comply with Our Policy for Accepting and Handling Credit Card Payments.
11. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR GUARANTEES WITH RESPECT TO ANY OF THE TRANSACTIONS BETWEEN BUYERS AND SELLER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION CONTENT, FEATURED, MENTIONED, DESCRIBED, BOOKED, RESERVED, DISTRIBUTED, GIVEN AWAY, RENTED, SOLD, OR OTHERWISE AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE. ALL TRANSACTIONS FOR ROOMS, PRODUCTS, AND/OR SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION CONTENT, SHALL BE BETWEEN THE BUYER AND SELLER WITHOUT ANY INVOLVEMENT BY US. THESE THIRD PARTIES MAY REQUIRE THAT YOU AGREE TO THEIR ADDITIONAL TERMS, CONDITIONS, CONTRACTS, AGREEMENTS, AND/OR RULES.
12. IF YOU BID ON, PURCHASE, ORDER, OBTAIN, RESERVE OR BOOK ANY ROOMS, PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION CONTENT, ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE, NOTE THAT NEITHER WE NOR OUR INDEMNITEES HAVE ANY CONTROL OVER, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR, THE QUALITY, QUANTITY, SIZE, CHARACTER, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SPECIFICATIONS, FEATURES, FUNCTIONALITY, SAFETY, OR LEGALITY OF SUCH ROOMS, PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES, THE TRUTH OR ACCURACY OF THE LISTINGS, OR THE ABILITY OF THE SELLERS TO PROVIDE SUCH ROOMS, MERCHANDISE, PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES.
Information We Collect
Personal Information. You may visit our Site without disclosing any personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”). However, you may also choose to provide certain Personal Information, such as your name, address, payment information, telephone number and/or email address on this Site. We use Personal Information provided to us through the Site for the purpose for which it is provided, such as, for example, to process your requested hotel reservation, to process your request to register for an event or to have us send you certain information and content. We may also use your Personal Information to provide you with information we think may be of interest to you. This information may include details about our services we offer and/or events that we sponsor.
Each of our marketing emails includes an automated way for you to opt out (unsubscribe) from that particular communication or from all marketing emails sent by Meetingmax. To opt out, please follow the instructions on the e-mail you receive.
Non-Personal Information. We may collect certain aggregate and non-personal information when you visit the Site. Aggregate and non-personal information does not relate to a single, identifiable visitor. It tells us such things as how many users visited our Site, how many reservations were made and the pages of the Site that were accessed. By collecting this information, we learn how to best tailor our Site to the needs of our visitors.
Information We Share
We do not sell, rent, trade or otherwise disclose Personal Information concerning visitors to the Site, except as described herein. We may share Personal Information provided by our Site visitors with third parties we have retained to perform services on our behalf or as necessary to process hotel reservations via our Site. In addition, we may disclose Personal Information about you if we are required to do so by law or pursuant to legal process, in order to respond to a request from law enforcement authorities or other government officials, and/or when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity. We also reserve the right to transfer any Personal Information we have about you in the event that we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets.
Links to Third-Party Web Sites
This Site may contain links to external web sites operated by third parties. Please be aware that these third-party web sites are governed only by their own privacy policies. We cannot be responsible for these policies.
Some pages on this Site may use "cookies," which are small data files that the Site may place on your system for identification purposes. These files are used for site registration and customization the next time you visit us. Your Web browser may allow you to be notified when you are receiving a cookie, giving you the choice to accept it or not. You can choose whether or not to accept cookies by changing the settings on your browser. By not accepting cookies, some pages may not fully function and you may not be able to access certain information on this site.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, and we strive to implement and maintain reasonable, commercially acceptable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information we store, in order to protect it from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure. However, because no data transmission is completely secure, and no system of physical or electronic security is impenetrable, we cannot guarantee the security of the information you send to us or the security of our servers, networks or databases, and by using the Site you agree to assume all risk in connection with the information sent to us or collected by us when you access, visit and/or use the Site, including without limitation your Personal Information, and we are not responsible for any loss of such information or the consequences thereof.
Updates to This Privacy
How to Contact Us
Effective Date: December 2, 2015
This document describes Meetingmax’s policy and procedures for the proper handling of credit card information.
This policy and procedures are intended to ensure that credit card information is handled and disposed of in a manner that satisfies Meetingmax’s obligation to protect such information to the level that meets or exceeds that required by the Payment Card Industry.
Since any unauthorized exposure of credit card information could subject Meetingmax to reputational damage and significant penalties, failure to comply with the policy contained within this document will be considered a serious matter.
This policy is applicable to any individual, who accepts, captures, stores, transmits and/or processes credit card information (in physical or electronic format) in the Meetingmax system.
To reduce their losses due to credit card fraud, five members of the payment card industry, Visa, Master Card, American Express, Discover and JCB, banded together to develop security standards for any organization that accepts, captures, stores, transmits and/or processes credit card information either manually or through an automated system. This set of standards is referred to as the Payment Card Industry’s Data Security Standard, or “PCI-DSS.”
PCI-DSS is enforced through the contracts that Meetingmax, as a service provider, has with its clients. Penalties for non-compliance can include increased credit card transaction fees, a suspension of credit card privileges, and fines in cases where an account is compromised.
For additional information about PCI-DSS, please visit the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Web site at: https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org
Meetingmax is committed to complying fully with the expectations specified by the Payment Card Industry in its Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Compliance by Meetingmax requires that:
1. Only authorized and properly trained individuals may accept and/or access credit card information.
2. Credit card information may be processed only using methods provided by the web application.
3. Each person who has access to credit card information is responsible for protecting the information. This includes protecting their account information.
4. Credit card information must be destroyed as soon as it is no longer necessary.
5. Suspected theft of credit card information must be reported immediately to Meetingmax.
6. The individual handling credit card information must be an employee of a Meetingmax approved hotel.
7. The hotel has granted permission to the employee to handle credit card information.
8. The individual has an email address with the hotels domain name that has been precleared by Meetingmax.
Failure to comply with these principles, as implemented in this Policy, may result in the revocation of the ability to process credit card transactions and/or could lead to disciplinary action. The following section defines the Meetingmax’s standard procedures in support of the above principles.
No individual is authorized to accept, access or support systems housing credit card information until the following requirements are satisfied:
1. The individual must be authorized by their Manager.
2. The individual must be trained in the proper handling of credit card information. Individuals who are new to the role must be trained prior to taking on their credit card handling duties. Individuals whose credit card handling responsibilities preceded the implementation of this policy should receive training as soon as possible. The content of the training program must be reviewed and approved by the hotel data security department to ensure that Meetingmax’s objectives are met with accordance to PCI DSS standards version 2.
3. The individual must acknowledge his or her understanding of this policy and must confirm his or her commitment to comply with all related Meetingmax policies and procedures before he or she assumes credit card handling duties and on an annual basis thereafter. This requirement is satisfied by electronically indicating his or her understanding and intent to comply with this policy by agreeing to the terms of service, which includes this policy and the “Credit Card Security and Ethics Agreement”. The terms of service must be accepted upon first use, and annually thereafter.
Individuals may only process credit card information via the provided web application interface. No other means of accessing the Meetingmax systems may be used to process credit card information.
Individuals who have access to credit card information are responsible for properly safeguarding the data and must comply with all requirements of Meetingmax’s Information Security Policy to protect the integrity and privacy of such information. This policy can be found under policies in the web application interface. System users are to keep account information in a secured location. Under no circumstance is account information to be shared with others as no other individual is authorized to use the account.
The following pieces of information are considered “confidential” within the meaning of the Information Security Policy and must be protected appropriately from initial capture through destruction regardless the storage mechanisms used (e.g., on computers, on electronic, magnetic or optical media, on paper, etc.):
· Credit number
· Credit card expiration date
· Cardholder Verification Value (CVV2) – the 3- or 4-digit code number generally located on the back of the credit card.
· Personal identification number (PIN)
· Cardholder’s name, address and/or phone number when used in conjunction with the above fields
Under no circumstances is the above information to be transmitted in an unsecured method. This includes email, instant messaging systems or any other method that does not comply with the PCI DSS standard.
Neither the three- or four-digit credit card validation codes (CVV2) nor Personal Identification Numbers (PIN) may ever be stored in any form.
Physical documents, such as customer receipts, merchant duplicate receipts, reports, etc., that contain credit card information should be retained only as long as there is a valid business reason to do so, and no longer than 90 days. While the documents are retained, they must be stored in locked cabinets in secured areas with access restricted to authorized individuals on a need-to-know basis. Keys that allow access to such containers must be immediately collected from any individual who leaves or whose responsibilities no longer require him or her to access such documents. When combination locks are used, the combination must be changed when an individual who knows the combination leaves or no longer requires access to perform assigned work.
No lists should be maintained that include entire credit card numbers. For any physical documents that contain credit card information, all but the last four digits of the credit card number should be physically cut out of the document. Overwriting the credit card number with a marker is not acceptable since the number can still be viewed in certain circumstances.
All credit card information must be destroyed as soon as it is not longer necessary, and may not be retained for more than 90 days after the transaction is processed. All physical documents that are no longer necessary must be cross-cut shredded using a commercially available shredding device.
Any individual who suspects the loss or theft of any materials containing cardholder data, that person must immediately notify Meetingmax.
Departments handling credit card transactions must segregate, to the extent possible, all duties related to data processing and storage of credit card information. A system of checks and balances should be put in place in which tasks are performed by different individuals in order to assure adequate controls. For example, the same person should not process credit card transactions/refunds and perform the monthly credit card reconciliation. Where staffing permits, it is strongly recommended that the responsibility for processing transactions and refunds be segregated as well.
The Department Manager or his/her designee should not handle or have access to credit card transactions. He or she will verify that the original supporting detail records agree with deposits on the General Ledger Journal. Terminal or web-based reports must not be the only supporting details record.
The Department Manager or his/her designee is responsible for ensuring that Human Resources is aware of any job description changes that are made in support of maintaining the segregation of duties.
The individual must be a current employee of the approved hotel. If a hotel employee no longer meets any of the criteria in this policy to process credit card information, their account must be disabled until such time they are compliant.
The individual must have gone through adequate screening/training on handling sensitive information by the hotel before privileges to handling credit card information are given.
Meetingmax maintains a list of all approved hotel domains. The hotel user must have an approved hotel domain name in their email address. The web application will validate this requirement. This validation process must not be bypassed for any reason. This initiative provides additional security to reduce the chances of an unapproved source gaining access to sensitive information including credit card details.
The following page is a statement of understanding and intent to comply with Meetingmax’s Policy and Procedures for Accepting and Handling Credit Card Payments. Anyone who accepts the Meetingmax terms of service herein accepts the credit card security and ethics agreement on the following page.
Meetingmax users accept credit card information, such as credit card numbers and expiration dates. The system never stores card verification codes.
I recognize that this information is sensitive and valuable and that Meetingmax is contractually obligated to protect this information against its unauthorized use or disclosure in the manner defined by the Payment Card Industry’s Data Security Standard, and should such information be disclosed to an unauthorized individual, Meetingmax could be subject to fines, increased credit card transaction fees and/or the suspension of credit card privileges.
As an individual whose role includes the acceptance, capture, storage, transmission and/or processing of credit card information, I agree with the following statements:
· I have read the requirements stated in the Meetingmax’s Policy and Procedures Accepting and Handling Credit Card Information (“Policy”).
· I understand that I may only accept credit card payments using methods approved by Meetingmax.
· I understand that, as an individual who has access to credit card information, I am responsible for protecting the information in the manner specified within the Policy. Further, I understand that I am also responsible for effectively protecting the credentials (IDs and passwords) and the computers that I may use to process credit card information.
· I understand that I must destroy credit card information as soon as it is no longer necessary using methods prescribed by Policy.
· I understand that in cases where I suspect that a breach of credit card information has occurred, I must immediately report the breach to Meetingmax.
· If I manage an area that handles credit card information, I understand that I must have appropriate checks and balances in the handling of credit card information, and that I am responsible for having documented procedures in place for complying with Policy.
· I commit to comply with the Policy and its documented procedure, and understand that failure to comply with the above requirements may subject me to a loss of credit card handling privileges and other disciplinary measures. For employees, non-compliance could result in termination of employment.